New Year, New Beginnings (GIS 3015/3015L- Cartographic Skills)

Hello, my name is William (or Billy). I'm from Milton, FL. I graduated UWF in 2011 with a Bachelor's in Psychology and after that went a completely different direction work wise. In 2013 I packed up and moved to the Bay Area in California to take a job as a surveyor. Since then I've worked in Texas, Ohio, and West Virginia. Now I'm back working on a certificate in GIS. I went with the program since I was introduced to it while surveying and I wanted to start a career with it. It certainly is becoming more and more valuable in the industry and I want to get on the train. 

In my spare time I really enjoy PC gaming and ever since I was a child it has been my favorite hobby, for good or ill. World of Warcraft was practically my life from 2004 to 2009. I've become more casual with WoW and games in general, since there are more important things in life. But if I had no responsibilities, you can bet I'd no life it and be in total bliss.

I also enjoy the outdoors, talking long walks in the woods. It's great exercise and helps me calm down. Being from the country I of course hunt and fish. The gulf coast has some great seafood and I've got a secret fishing spot that would envy many. 

I'm looking forward to this class and progressing forward through the program. It can be overwhelming at times since a lot of the material is new, but always remember, one day at a time. 

Lastly, here is a link to my story map showcasing some places I've been to during my travels.

Comments